Welcome to First Filipina

The Online Reference on Filipino Trailblazers | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

VISIT MY FILIPINO SITES

1.05.2006

Rica Arevalo




Rica Arevalo

  • 1st Filipina filmmaker to win the 1st Best Direction award (full length film category) for her film ICU Bed #7 at the 1st Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival (2005)


QUOTE

“When writing a script, I just write what’s in my heart. I just let it flow. I write in a relax way, I get proper sleep and I always have to have a Coke Lite to give me energy.”



USEFUL LINKS

RICA AREVALO: Independent Woman
CCP features ICU Bed #7
On the road with Cinemalaya
Wanted: Venues for digital films


No comments:

Did you know...

  • ...that President Noynoy Aquino was the first Filipino bachelor to become President of the Republic of the Philippines?
  • ...that Astronomer Armando Lee was the first Filipino Master of Science (MS) degree holder in Astronomy in the Philippines?
  • ...that race driver Marlon Stockinger was the first Filipino-Swiss race winner in the Michelin Formula Renault UK Championship?
  • ...that Joy Rojas was the first Filipina to run across 3,107 miles across the United States?
  • ...that boxing champion Manny Pacquiao was the first Filipino sports billionaire?
  • ...that José Rizal was given the label 'First Filipino' by Leon Ma. Guerrero, the first Filipino Ambassador to Germany?